This Tutor Training is for anyone looking to deliver one or more of our Lowland Leadership qualifications:
The day will provide focus on principles of delivery and assessment for the above named qualifications.
The Tutor Training day runs from 09:30-16:00, with registration and refreshments available from 09:00.
Please note that anybody can attend the training days but:
- In order to be the Tutor/Assessor for Level 3 Qualification in Lowland Expedition Leadership or Level 3 Qualification in Lowland Walking Leadership, either Summer Mountain Leader or Walking Group Leader qualifications must be held.
- In order to be the Tutor/Assessor for a Level 2 Qualification in Assisting Lowland Expedition Leadership, the minimum of a Level 3 Award in Basic Expedition Leadership (BEL) must be held.
If you are a new tutor attending, please bring maps of the areas you intend to use for your course.
Overview of the Tutor Training Day
This training will cover the following topics through a mixture of presentation, group discussions and activities:
- Quality Assurance and paperwork requirements.
- Assessment procedures.
- Overview of units and how to package the training.
- Lowland remit.
- Consolidation/Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Delivery ideas.
- Information on support after training.
How to apply
Upcoming Lowland Leadership Tutor Training Dates