Back to contents
Tutor Training is a compulsory pre-requisite for all Centres wishing to deliver Sports Leaders UK's qualifications, the following applies:
For PLCs - The equivalent for Tutor Training is a PLC Induction day. Please click here for role and responsibilities and the conditions below also apply:
- At least 1 person per Centre must have undertaken Tutor Training within the last 2 years. It is recommended as good practice that all tutors involved in the delivery of Sports Leaders UK qualifications undertake Tutor Training.
- For new Centres delivering Sports Leadership qualifications, from 1st April 2019:
- At least 1 person from your organisation must have completed the Tutor/Assessor (T/A) e-training module before the course delivery start date. There is no limit to how many members of your organisation complete the e-training module for the T/A.
- A Leadership Induction day must also be attended by a member of your organisation. This MUST be the same person who has previously completed the e-training module for the T/A.
- A T/A who has:
- Completed the T/A e-training module
- Attended a Leadership Induction Day
Will be referred to as a Trained Tutor/Assessor, all others within the Qualification Centre who are involved in the delivery and assessment Sports Leaders qualifications will be to referred to as Tutor/Assessors.
- T/A’s of Dance Leadership qualifications will need to attend a Dance Tutor Training Day (see website for dates).
- Tutor Training after 1st August 2016 provides ‘trained’ status will last for 2 years. For those who attend Tutor Training prior to 1st August 2016, trained status lasts for 3 years.
- When ‘trained’ status has expired, the attendance of a Refresher or other relevant training is compulsory, in order for the Centre to continue with the delivery of Sports Leaders qualifications. Please be aware the Centre will receive notification 6 month prior to expiry.
Please note that the Outdoor Leadership qualifications operate a separate Tutor Training programme, therefore the Centre must have a Tutor who has attended Outdoor Tutor Training to deliver these qualifications.
For further guidance and information, please refer to Sports Leaders UK's Tutor Training information and the Knowledge Base.
Back to top
SL0751 (updated June-16)
Date printed: 22/09/2019