Q. What qualifications, knowledge, experience and skills are required for potential Tutor Training delegates?
A. Tutors should be 18 years old or over and hold qualifications similar to the following:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A National Governing Body of Sport Coaching qualification
- A Home Office armed/public service qualification in Sport or Physical Education
- A Sports Development qualification
- A Youth and Community degree/diploma
- Experience of working with children and adults in a variety of settings including physical activity sport and youth, and community settings.
- Experience of leading activities independently without supervision.
- Experience of directing individuals or groups towards behaviour change: whether in sport, dance, PE or PSHE, crime diversion, lifestyle choices.
- Experience of assessing and evaluating performance/progress.
- Experience of using different teaching methods to engage individuals with different learning styles and different abilities.
Date printed: 24/03/2017